[Asterisk-Users] ATA v2.16 Register Update problem

Dan Fernandez danfernandez00 at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 14 16:58:48 MST 2003

I´ve got an ATA with v2.16 configured as per JTodd´s guide having problems re-registering.  The only thing particular to this ATA (I´ve got several  all configured the same way but one of them have problems) is that is on a public IP. I have commented NAT=1 and canreinvite=no on sip.conf

The ATA registers fine the first time but on the following registration updates, * gives me the the warning: "Registration fail for ....." and it continues trying to register unsuccesfully over and over. If I do sip show peers, the ATA is not there, of course.

Looking at the archives I´ve found that on the new version (2.16.1) they have fixed a bug which is somewhat related:

CSCeb17953 The Cisco ATA stops the registration process if it
receives an unexpected response to a REGISTER request.

HAs anyone had this problem before with 2.16?  Woudl 2.16.1 fix this ?

Thanks in advance