[Asterisk-Users] debugging callerid help

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sun Sep 14 08:45:43 MST 2003

I've got a rather strange callerid problem and don't know how to debug it.

I've got two X100P cards installed in a RH9 box and both are connected to
individual pstn pots lines. Both are equipped with callerid and both display
callerid info on regular analog phones (verified 100%). Incoming and outgoing
calls are handled just fine.

When an incoming call arrives on one X100P card, * rings a defined extension
and the callerid "is" displayed on the 7960 phone.

However, when an incoming call arrives on the second X100P card, * rings the
defined extension, but the callerid is always "asterisk" on the 7960 phone.
This was working fine a few days ago and I'm not sure what happened to cause
* to display "asterisk" instead of the actual callerid. As mentioned above,
the pstn line "is" providing the callerid info, but I don't know if * is
not picking it up or simply substituting "asterisk" on the 7960 display
for some reason.

Is there a way to debug callerid info within * to help identify the root
cause of the problem?

My zapata.conf file for both pots lines is:
; Zapata telephony interface
; Configuration file
[channels]
language=en
context=inbound-home
switchtype=national
signalling=fxs_ks
usecallerid=yes
hidecallerid=no
callwaiting=yes
callwaitingcallerid=yes
threewaycalling=yes
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
rxgain=0.0
txgain=0.0
pickupgroup=1
immediate=no
callprogress=no
musiconhold=default
channel => 1

context=inbound-bus
switchtype=national
signalling=fxs_ks
usecallerid=yes
hidecallerid=no
callwaiting=yes
callwaitingcallerid=yes
threewaycalling=yes
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
callerid=asreceived
rxgain=0.0
txgain=0.0
pickupgroup=1
immediate=no
callprogress=no
musiconhold=default
channel => 2

Anyone see a problem or know of a way to diagose the problem within
asterisk? (The "inbound-home" context is working, the "inbound-bus"
is the X100P not providing the appropriate callerid.)

Rich