[Asterisk-Users] MusicOnHold (MOH) silent on BudgeTone-100 only.

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sun Sep 14 06:25:42 MST 2003

Steve,

I'm certainly not an expert on any of this, but I just spent the better
part of two weeks trying to understand/fix a music on hold problem (my
case was no moh at all). The things that I discovered include:

1. music on hold does not require any "exten => 302,1,..." commands at
all. Once moh is defined in the musiconhold.conf file, it seems to work
on all extentions without additional per-extension definitions. (I didn't
attempt to research the "exten => ..." approach, but I'd guess that
statement is used for specific requirements such as playing a certain
mp3 for on a per-extension basis.)

2. when a conversation between two extensions is in progress and one
extension places the call on hold, that extension informs *, and *
establishes a new session with the other extension over which the music
is played.  If you run "sip debug" from the CLI, you will see the
handshaking that creates this new temp session.

Given those two items, it would appear as though your problem is
related to how the phone itself is configured and not *. I'd look for
a phone configuration command with a keyword something like "redirect"
and use the "sip debug" to see any error messages.

Rich