[Asterisk-Users] Voicemail to a commercial PBX/key phone system

Steve Creel screel at turbs.com
Sat Sep 13 14:21:40 MST 2003

Martin,

We currently are in dire need of a system to replace our Audix Voice Power
connected to our Merlin Legend switch.  A little while ago, I knew
absolutely nothing about how to do this, and inquired on the list.  The
response I got were extremely helpful to me, as I had no idea where to
start.

The Legend currently has 8 analog lines in a hunt group to the
voicemail/auto-attendant system.  I went in after-hours and put a buttset
inline to monitor the first line in the hunt group.  When I call in from
an outside line, there is a series of DTMF codes sent, and the
auto-attendant plays.  After making a selection, there is a hookflash,
more DTMF, then the line is hung up.

In hindsight, it makes perfect sense that this is how it is handled.

Steve