[Asterisk-Users] Caller ID Problems

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sat Sep 13 05:56:51 MST 2003

I'm having some of the same issues and it seems to be related to transmission
levels. CallerID worked fine prior to me messing with rxgain/txgain, but I've
not gone back to verify what I did to muck it up as yet.

------------------------
> There are two things I can think of..
>
> 1. You are not paying for CallerID support from your telco on that line.. Its is not always a
standard feature..

> 2. The CallerID that your telco provides is not compatible with the digium card and Asterisk..
>

> > Dear Asterisk User,
> >
> > I am trying to use a Digium FXO Card to get the callerid but fail.
> >
> > Asterisk version: Asterisk CVS-09/03/03-11:15:03
> >
> > In my zapata.conf
> > usecallerid=yes
> > hidecallerid=no
> > callwaitingcallerid=yes
> > rxgain=3.0
> > txgain=3.0
> > ;callprogress=yes
> >
> > When I use my mobile (my mobile will show callerid) dial a call to the system Zap/1-1 channel.
Then I use "show channel zap/1-1" The callerid field show "Caller ID: (N/A)"