[Asterisk-Users] NAT support idea

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Fri Sep 12 11:19:36 MST 2003

SER, the SIP Express Router, version 0.8.11 have a new solution for supporting NAT,
the nat helper module.

See http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=SER+nat+support

It mangles the SIP header, the SDP and also actively keeps the NAT assosciation for
clients behind NAT open in order to be able to set up calls to them.

I think a lot of people are interested either in
* Documentation on how to set up SER as a frontend to Asterisk for NAT clients
* Port of this module (it's open source) to Asterisk

If I could do it, I would be hacking now...

/Olle