[Asterisk-Users] Newbie (unfortunately =)) q regarding BRI

Lee Redmayne lee.redmayne at nwva.org
Fri Sep 12 09:02:32 MST 2003

Hi all

I've only been working with Asterisk for a matter of days but have
already grown into a big fan =)  Much as I've managed to get internal
calling working fine, I have a configuration running on an old PII-233
on RH9 with a (although not badged as is a) Dynalink IS64PH/Winbond
W6692 PCI Card as /dev/ttyI0.

The card works fine in minitel and dials out without a problem.. However
try as I might I can't get the card to work within *, inbound or out.
dmesg confirms the card's fine and is working out (and I think in too
=)).

The modem.conf is:
[interfaces]
context=remote
driver=i4l
dialtype=tone
mode=immediate
context=s0bus
group=1         ; group=1,2,3,9-12
msn=0
incomingmsn=123456789,123456780
device => /dev/ttyI0
device => /dev/ttyI1

(as found on another post to the list)

In extensions.conf I have:

[globals]
TRUNK=Modem/ttyI0

[trunk]
xten => _9XXXXXXXXXX,1,Dial(${TRUNK}/${EXTEN:1}||Ttm)
exten => _9XXXXXXXXXX,2,Congestion

[sip]
exten => 7201,1,Dial(SIP/phone1,20,Ttr)
exten => 7205,1,Dial(SIP/phone2,20,Ttr)
exten => 1000,1,Dial(SIP/phone1&SIP/phone2,20,tr)

[s0bus]
exten => s,1,Wait,1;
exten => s,2,Answer
exten => s,3,DigitTimeout,5
exten => s,4,ResponseTimeout,10 ; Set Response Timeout to 10 seconds
exten => s,1,Dial(SIP/phone1&SIP/phone2,20,tr)

Any advice would be much appreciated :)  This will basically connect
into an existing PBX system, so the initial 9 will get the SIP phones
into the outer PBX then another 9 to reach the outside world.

Many thanks