[Asterisk-Users] Free World Dialup (FWD).

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Fri Sep 12 06:17:15 MST 2003

Try the CLI command:
   SIP debug
...and you'll propably see that the FWD SIP server fwd.pulver.com answers something like
"ough... That's ugly..."

It's referring to the fact that you're trying to communicate with a private IP
address (192.168.x.x).

With SIP clients like Xten, you configure fwdnat.pulver.com:5082 as an outbound
proxy and that'll take care of the problem. My guess is that the fwdnat SIP server
rewrites the SIP messages so the SDP fields point to the IP address outside
your NAT and that they use a Jasomi server to keep the NAT session open.
But that's a guess. I would _really_ like to know, please Jeff!

So far I haven't got it working and haven't seen a working sample configuration
of Asterisk connecting to FWD from inside a NAT.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. I'd love to be wrong.

I'm dialling FWD numbers through IAXTEL.COM and can be reached from FWD by the
IAXtel.com gateway while waiting for a solution...

See the wiki (guess I did not surprise anyone... :-)
   http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk%3A+How+to+connect+to+FWD

/Olle