[Asterisk-Users] Re: Asterisk Jitters

Zak zakforever at netscape.net
Fri Sep 12 13:13:00 MST 2003

>                                                                                                                                                                   On Fri, 5 Sep 2003, Zak wrote:
>

>>> I have changed the pci slot of the fxo so that it won't share IRQ with
>>> another device but the jittering is still
>>> there.  check the interrupts list below
>>>
>>>            CPU0
>>>   0:    1158022          XT-PIC  timer
>>>   1:        807          XT-PIC  keyboard
>>>   2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
>>>   5:    1377109          XT-PIC  eth0, Intel ICH2
>>>   8:          1          XT-PIC  rtc
>>>  10:   12231674          XT-PIC  wcfxo
>>>  12:      14239          XT-PIC  PS/2 Mouse
>>>  14:      18691          XT-PIC  ide0
>>>  15:      21804          XT-PIC  ide1
>>> NMI:          0
>>> ERR:          0
>>

>okay, now get APIC and get rid of the XT-PIC
>and then we can start looking at why out jitter, is it on all zap ports?
>is it continous? or only comes in occasionally?
>
> -wasim

I have not been able to get APIC working but from what I have seen , other machines with
XT-PIC work perfectly.  The thing to note is when I first installed asterisk, I had the
same problem of jittering untill someone helped me fix the problem and everything used to work fine, and
now the same problem is back. The jittering is continous and I can't make any kind of call.
Does anyone have a clue? I can send my config files if that can help.

Zak