[Asterisk-Users] Legal Interception - tapping

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Thu Sep 11 13:06:03 MST 2003

On Thu, 2003-09-11 at 14:05, Dan Tusa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Companies that offer telephone service to the public are obliged to offer
> tapping to all kind of authorities.
>
> Does anyone know how to tap in Asterisk? I.e. record (or copy) a
> conversation based upon their telephone number?

Wouldn't this be possible for your provider to do for you? It would seem
that you would be buying service from some larger telecom and they
already have to meet those functions. So wouldn't it be possible to
shift it to them, especially if all your traffic for any specific
customer always crossed a specific telecom?