[Asterisk-Users] Hangup Detection and BUSYDETECT_MARTIN

Christian Hecimovic checimovic at qworks.ca
Thu Sep 11 10:16:59 MST 2003

Hello,

I've got the following configuration:

2 X101Ps
Asterisk built with BUSYDETECT_MARTIN
busydetect=yes
busycount=10
callprogress=yes
signalling = fxs_ks

With this setup, the best I can do is get voicemail with 17 to 19 seconds of
silence tacked on at the end. Ideally, I'd like at most 2-5 seconds. Has
anyone had any success with this?

 It seems that hangups are indeed detected, since if I fiddle with the above
configuration much then the silence at the end of the message increases
dramatically.

Is there a soft timeout for silence detection somewhere? Where should I be
looking in the code to understand the silence detection stuff? dsp.c and
app_voicemail.c?

Thanks for any help,

Christian