[Asterisk-Users] G729

Kim C. Callis kcallis at c2associates.net
Wed Sep 10 13:47:34 MST 2003

I have come to realize that I don't have to have a g729a license in
order to make use of an ATA-186 or 7460 connecting to another 7460. I
just need to allow the codec in sip.conf.

Now what ramification does that have when I dial out over one of my
analog line (connected to * by a channelbank and a T100P) using my 7460
or ATA-186. The only benefit I am looking for is reduced bandwidth
utlization when I call into my office. If I call through the analog
lines, do I need to purchase g729 codec licenses?

Also, does anyone know if iconnecthere can handle encoded G729 calls?