[Asterisk-Users] TDMoE and codecs

James Sharp jsharp at psychoses.org
Wed Sep 10 12:39:36 MST 2003

> If the remote ends can do the codec, then yes. If they can't deal with
> the incoming codec, then it will be done at your h323 end point. The
> benefit of IAX2 trunking is to cut down on your ethernet load and to
> make expanding easier. Not to mention IAX2 is much better tested than
> TDMoE.

Can the IAX2 trunking do the equivalent of "groups" in Zaptel?  What I'm
needing to do is take a whole bunch of H.323 incoming calls and spread
them out across many T1s (more than what would go into a single machine).

I suppose I could do something like this in extensions.conf

[incomingh323]

exten => s,1,Dial(IAX2/foo:foo at machine1.psychoses.org)
exten => s,102,Dial(IAX2/foo:foo at machine2.psychoses.org)
exten => s,203,Dial(IAX2/foo:foo at machine3.psychoses.org)
etc etc etc

And then us Dial(Zap/g1) on each of the machines in the incomingiax context.

Then I just have to put a G.729 codec on each of the remote machines to
handle the G.729 to TDM codecing.