[Asterisk-Users] running * on a VPN gateway

Lee Goodman lee.goodman at comcast.net
Wed Sep 10 12:02:03 MST 2003

Could the bindaddr=x.x.x.x be a way to make * work through a NAT?

I have * and a few 7960 phones behind a NAT. I am trying to register with a
proxy on the outside of the NAT. Registration is ok, but the VIA field has
my inside NAT ip address (192. 168.0.7). So the proxy doesn't know how to
send a call to *. Would adding my outside NAT ip address to the bindaddr
statement cause the * to put the outside address in the VIA field???

Thanks

Lee Goodman