[Asterisk-Users] freebsd and asterisk ?? anyone yet

Tom (UnitedLayer) tom at unitedlayer.com
Wed Sep 10 10:59:36 MST 2003

On Wed, 10 Sep 2003, Alastair Maw wrote:
> I keep meaning to sort out autoconf/automake stuff for Asterisk. I
> notice that Asterisk is GPLed, so there won't be any licensing issues.
> I'm quite surprised no one else has got round to it before.
>
> Anyway, I have no time at the moment for this, but it'll happen at some
> point, I promise. :)

There's already bribes ready for Colo, some small $ amounts, and cookies
waiting when someone does it :) It sounds like Jim Mercer has existing
patches, chances are those will fix certain things.

> The win will be much easier portability between systems, and fewer
> configuration woes, with better diagnostics for newbies.
> Forking a set of patches for FreeBSD or whatever isn't the right way to
> do this.

Definately agree with you there, the priority should be fixing the code to
be more portable, rather than just for one platform.