[Asterisk-Users] incoming ringmaster distinctive ring identification

listbox at adamsbrothers.com listbox at adamsbrothers.com
Wed Sep 10 09:17:04 MST 2003

Hey guys,

I have looked around the archives and any other documentation I could
find, and cant figure out how or if * will use the ringmaster service.  I
did see some info about ringing cadence and distinctive ring, but I it
looked to me like it was regarding * generating different ring cadence,
not taking action based on it.  Is it possible for * to pick up the
distinctive ring?  I have one phone line with its number, and then a
ringmaster (bellsouths name for distinctive ring) phone number added to
it.  I want to bring the incoming call into a different context based on
which number they called. Any pointers or advice appreciated.  I did ask
this in the middle of another thread a few days ago, but I top posted
(sorry).  Hoping thats why nobody answered.

-Jeff