[Asterisk-Users] Prompts and sound quality of the X100P card (FXO card)

Lee Goodman lee.goodman at comcast.net
Wed Sep 10 08:15:40 MST 2003

Hi

We are trying to get better sound quality out of the prompts on our Asterisk
system. We had some new ones made by thevoice.digium.com and they are in WAV
format instead of the default GSM format on the Asterisk server. The problem
is, when you dial in to the server using the FXO card (X100P) you really
can't tell the difference between the WAV prompt and the GSM prompt,
however, if you listen to the prompts via a SIP phone you can hear a clear
difference. Is the FXO card compressing the WAV file? Is there anyway to
tweak the FXO card to make it sound better?

Thanks

Lee Goodman