[Asterisk-Users] Xlite = no sound

Dave Wilson dave at autosdirect2u.com
Wed Sep 10 05:46:09 MST 2003

> > messages all look OK to me, but the sound isn't coming through.
> >
> > It was trying to use GSM, so I searched the archive and tried:
> >
> > disallow=gsm
> > allow=ulaw
> >
> > Now it says that it's using ULAW but I still get no sound in
> > either direction.
>
> Have you tried setting Send Internal IP to Yes? It worked for me.

What if this is not possible? For example if x-lite is remote and behind a
NAT firewall and also * box is behind a NAT firewall? Sending the internal
IP breaks the SIP connection (unless you start adding routes in the
firewall). I have this precise setup and am also experiencing lack of sound,
but sound works fine to x-lite when on the same network as * (i.e. no NAT)

Dave