[Asterisk-Users] delay problem in h323

Steven Thomas vcsteven at au1.ibm.com
Tue Sep 9 15:03:04 MST 2003

The only way I was able to solve my delay issue with Chan_oh323 was to
switch to Chan_h323.

Chan_oh323 caused a similar 3 -4 sec delay on one way of the conversation.
Checking the CPU stats on asterisk during the call - confirms that the RTP
stream was somehow routing through asterisk - not sure why!

Regards,

Steven Thomas

                      andrea <andrea at csp.it>
                      Sent by:                          To:       asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
                      asterisk-users-admin at lists        cc:
                      .digium.com                       Subject:  Re: [Asterisk-Users] delay problem in h323

                      10-09-03 12:45 AM
                      Please respond to
                      asterisk-users

Hi all,

is it possible to disable RTP routing through asterisk? RTP routing is a
very nice feature but, I think it’s important also to disable it in some
cases (e. g. in a LAN).
Do you have any suggestion?

Andrea