[Asterisk-Users] Channelbanks

Steve Brown sbrown at cortland.com
Tue Sep 9 07:40:40 MST 2003

Troy Settle wrote:

>Ok, the Zhone sucks and the Adtran 750/850 seems to be a little too
>expensive.
>
>Can anyone recommend a decent channelbank that won't break the bank?
>
>TIA,

I've bought several vintage Premisys CB's on ebay for $75 to $150 /ea.

They work fine with my T100p's. This is not strictly a commercial
environment. I'm using them to interconnect the phones between my
Seattle and Florida homes.

The FXS interfaces are plentiful, pass caller id and seem to do what
they are supposed to do.
The FXO interfaces are really scarce. They also don't do callerid
without a recent cpu card, per the Zhone site. And, I haven't found one yet.
They are easy to configure. Google found several pdf manuals.

They seem randomly listed as Premisys IMACS/600 or 800, AT&T Paradyne
Acculink Access Controller, ADC ICX and others.

FWIW, I also bought a rack of Tellabs echo cancellers for $50 and have
one between the cb and the T100p. A little overkill, but very effective.

Steve