[Asterisk-Users] Snom200 -> C7960 noisy?

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Tue Sep 9 07:25:20 MST 2003

When a Snom 200 (v2.1l) calls a C7960 (v4.4), both using g711u as default,
the conversation is extremely noisy from the Snom to the Cisco, but clear
in the reverse direction. Using a sniffer, I see packets from the Snom to
the Cisco of 87 bytes and Cisco to Snom of 214 bytes. Asterisk is CVS from
Saturday.

The communications between the two was working fine on Saturday, however
something has changed to cause the nosiy condition. I'm not absolutlely
sure, but I think the Snom did a software upgrade sometime after Saturday.

The * config is very basic. Calls between C7960's work fine, and calls from
the Snom to an ATA186 is a one-way voice stream (ATA to Snom is fine, no
audio from ATA to Snom). Certainly appears to be a Snom issue. I reset to
all factory defaults, and re-entered the config; no change.

Is it likely a Snom s/w upgrade caused this?

Anyone else seen the problem or have any ideas?

Rich