[Asterisk-Users] Dynamic SIP outbound usernames?

Alastair Maw asterisk at almaw.com
Tue Sep 9 02:27:13 MST 2003

Hi,

I have * set up as a PSTN->VoIP gateway (with an E1 with multiple
numbers pointing to it).

I'd really like to be able to dial out to a SIP server like so:

   exten => _X.,1,Dial(SIP/${DNID}@hostname)

I.e. the remote SIP server receives a SIP INVITE with a "To:" header
containing the dialed number (e.g. 02085555555 at computer.company.com).

This is equivalent to having a hostname extension in sip.conf with a
dynamic username of ${DNID}.

How does one achieve this?

Likewise, it would be nice to be able to use gnophone to simulate calls
into the system, by pointing it at the * box and getting the dialed
number on that to route things in the same way.

Any ideas?

--
Alastair Maw <al.maw at mxtelecom.com>
MX Telecom - Systems Analyst