[Asterisk-Users] G729 codec

Chee Foong cheefoong at inovas.com
Mon Sep 8 20:48:27 MST 2003

Hello People,

I am a little unsure about the licensing of the digium g729 codec. Can
anyone advice me on the following scenario?

I have a digium card (T100) 30 channels and I want to use it to provide
conference service. I wonder how many licence should I buy if:

1. I only use the PRI to connect callers to the asterisk.
2. Besides PRI, callers can also call in to asterisk from ip endpoints.

I already have 5 g729 licence from digium. In case I need to add some more
to make a total of 10, can I just buy another 5 licences and register them
to asterisk? I am confused since 1 licence key is valid only to how many
licence you purchase in one order. Separate order will have a different
licence key. I wonder if I can run registration twice with different licence
key on a single asterisk server.

Please help