[Asterisk-Users] Using a Cisco 7960G

Andy Powell andy at beagles-den.demon.co.uk
Mon Sep 8 23:24:10 MST 2003

Sean,

The dealer is talking utter bol**cks...

You simple need the SIP firmware from Cisco and a TFTP server running on a pc. I have a Cisco 7940 G running happily with an * box. Not only that but I'm able to happily use the XML interfacing on the phone for things like a phone directory and services (displaying of information, getting input etc)

Slap the dealer with a large trout and then visit ebay to buy your phones...

Andy