[Asterisk-Users] extension.conf and SIP phones.

David Renaker drenaker at pomeroy.com
Mon Sep 8 12:17:29 MST 2003

We would like to setup in house SIP phones with numbered extensions for
demonstration purposes.

What is the syntax to associate a extension with SIP phone?

Does the Dial application have a SIP specific entry for example:
Dial,SIP/SIPphone/s|15
When I call from one extension to another I get "User is on the
phone".
We also have Cisco7960s to test.

Currently
    Have X-Lite setup.  Can log into the server and can execute the
demo features.
    No CO line interface.  Just experimenting with IP.
    SIP.conf configured
    voicemail.conf configured.
    extensions.conf configured.

sip.conf
[user]
callerid="User Name"
type=friend
nat=no
username=user
secret=password
host=dynamic
canreinvite=no   ; Cisco poops on reinvite sometimes
qualify=200   ; Qualify peer is no more than 200ms away
defaultip=10.1.1.53
dtmfmode=rfc2833
mailbox=1115

voicemail.conf
1115 => 1234,User Name,user at somecomapany.com

extension.conf
exten => 1115,Macro(stdexten,1115,${user})
exten => 1115,1,Dial,SIP/user/s|15
exten => 1115,2,Voicemail,u1115
exten => 1115,102,Voicemail,b1115
exten => user,1,Goto(1115|1)