[Asterisk-Users] Fax

Ernest W. Lessenger ernest at oacys.com
Mon Sep 8 11:20:46 MST 2003

At 07:52 PM 9/8/2003 +0200, you wrote:
>Is there a way to configure Hylafax or sth & one modem behind an ATA-186
>to email faxes to different adresses depending on the called number ?

I've looked into this myself, and I think the answer is "yes, with some
minor code changes." My thought is that you would use a separate HylaFax
server with six modems in it, and add two Digium FXS cards to the * server.
Configure * to send the faxes out the correct FXS port for each company,
and configure hylafax to queue the faxes to a different folder for each
line. User interface and notification are left as an exercise to the
reader, as is the actual hylafax configuration :)

The major downside to the above is all the POTS lines you have to run, and
the waste of ports. An alternative would be to use only one or two POTS,
and have * set the CallerID for each company. Then, have Hylafax queue the
incoming faxes based on CallerID. The disadvantage to this is, of course,
that you lose any real CallerID information.

--Ernest