[Asterisk-Users] *78 *72 and sip?

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Mon Sep 8 10:46:37 MST 2003

>I know *8  kind of works with SIP
>but what about the rest should they work
>do they work with a zap device?
>*0# sends flash
>*8# remote call pickup (pickup phone in your group)
>*67# disable caller id
>*70# no call waiting
>*78# do not disturb on
>*79# do not disturb off
>*72# enable call forwarding
>*73# disable call forwarding
>*82# enable callerid

Personally, I'm not in favor of seeing any of these features find
their way into the channels, Zap, SIP, or otherwise.  This should all
be done at the dialplan level, and not at the "invisible" level of
the channel driver.

I created a large list of features, which implement almost all of the
standard CLASS featureset, but all the logic is in the dialplan, and
not in the phones or channels.  Even call pickup and flash should be
handled in the dialplan for Zap drivers, through applications, IMHO.

See the bug report/feature request on this topic:
  http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0000071

JT