[Asterisk-Users] TE410 - 3.3v?

Alastair Maw asterisk at almaw.com
Mon Sep 8 02:41:42 MST 2003

Mark Spencer wrote:
> If it fits, it'll work.  Generally motherboards with 64-bit slots and most
> DELL's including the 600SC work fine.

Look closely at the two edge connectors in these pics:
  - http://digium.com/images/wildcard_te410p.jpg
  - http://digium.com/images/wildcard_t400p.gif

You'll notice that the T400P has two gaps in the edge connector, whereas
the TE410P only has one (nearest the ports).

I.e. 3.3V PCI slots have the longer part of them closest to the rear of
the machine, and 5V slots have the shorter part closest to the rear.

The following motherboard has both types of slots, with the 5V ones to
the right, and the longer 3.3V 64-bit PCI-X slots to the left.

  - http://www.supermicro.com/PRODUCT/MotherBoards/E7505/X5DA8.htm

Note that it seems to be possible to get non-64-bit 3.3V slots, like on
this board, which looks like it has one:

  - http://www.supermicro.com/PRODUCT/MotherBoards/VIA/P3TDDE.htm

Annoyingly, no-one seems to make 3.3V PCI motherboards for P4s, it's
pretty much Xeon-only.

When I spoke to TelAppliant when ordering one of their last E400Ps, they
seemed to think that Digium has plans to produce a 5V version of the
TE410P, but that it won't be ready "for a few months". Can anyone
confirm or deny this?

--
Alastair Maw <al.maw at mxtelecom.com>
MX Telecom - Systems Analyst