[Asterisk-Users] MOH other than mp3 ??

Jayson Vantuyl kagato at souja.net
Sun Sep 7 22:16:42 MST 2003

>They have 5 different stations under one company.  The idea is
>to have 5 different MOH sources (URL based) and depending on
>who/what/when/where placed on hold they would get the right
>stations current broadcast.
>
>So I don't think the "cost/value" is there for multiple
>Zap-Channel devices, or multiple sound cards

You are not going to get an ASF feed unless you do it yourself.  Trust me.
This is primarily because ASF could mean anything.  Much like .wav files and
.avi files, ASF files are only a wrapper that may contain various encodings.
If I had to guess, I'd say you're likely going to need to decode the ASF and
then decode WMA.  The AVIfile library has some support for this.

Given the trouble above, I would REALLY just recommend finding some card
that will handle like four audio inputs, get the SOX moh code mentioned
earlier, and hack together some process for pulling the data from the sound
card via sox.  IIRC, something like this has been done before by someone on
IRC.

I have nothing to back that up.

Does anyone have any specs on building a converter to take the sound input
from, say, a stereo plug and putting it onto a phone line?  Is there a box I
can buy at radio shack?  At that point, it would be a matter of patching MOH
to bridge to a zaptel channel (probably the best way to do this).

Jayson