[Asterisk-Users] digium dev kit - X100P & TDM400P

Timothy Soos XQL at americanisp.net
Sun Sep 7 18:53:54 MST 2003

On Sunday 07 September 2003 01:41 pm, marrandy wrote:
> On Sunday 07 September 2003 06:10 am, Timothy Soos wrote:
> > I too am using Linux Mandrake 9.1 with the DevKit TDM.  You may like to
> > know that once you get asterisk properly installed, it works very well
> > with these 2 boards.
>
> Tell me about the sound.
The sound is quite good: at least as good as any connection I make with a
decent residential analog phone to a local phone number.  There is no
noticeable latency.

> I use ALSA as it's the preferred, or so the hardware diagnostics say's.
I use ARTS.  ALSA was always a pain-in-the-butt for me.

> asterisk is looking for OSS and and shows a failure during startup,
> although I can hear the demo messages when I dial in.
You are probably getting the message:
"WARNING[196621]: File chan_oss.c, Line 232 (sound_thread): Read error on
sound device: Resource temporarily unavailable".

I get that too.  Still, I am not very concerned about it because the systems
works well.  I am under a bit of a time crunch, and this does not seem to be
a major problem, so I am not overly concerned about it at this moment.  Yet,
if you do find the solution, I would like to know what the fix is.

> Any ideas about this ?
If your sound is not working or poorly working, switch to ARTS.  Other than
that suggestion, I do not yet know how to help you on this.
--
Thanks,
Timothy Soos