[Asterisk-Users] The sounds of silence: silent soundfiles available

Timothy Soos XQL at americanisp.net
Fri Sep 5 21:01:16 MST 2003

On Friday 05 September 2003 01:52 pm, Steven Critchfield wrote:
> Just a request, but if you post examples like this, please make it
> complete enough to show best practices.
I definitely agree with your statement Steve; and yet certainly there will be
people who are new to Asterisk (as I am) who have not acquired the skill to
be able to "show best practices".  And, I also know that more postings will
be made that are not good examples of how to script Asterisk, simply because
many of the postings are created to solve a problem that stems from a lack of
knowledge about Asterisk.  As I stated in a previous post, we all start
somewhere; and I add that no one is born knowing how to use Asterisk.

> I'm sure someone before too long
> is going to scour the archive and create a book on this. Maybe even an
> O'reilly book if we are lucky. It would be nice to make sure everyone
> understands these concepts that are often glazed over in interest of
> brevity or reduction of complexity.
I agree with your statement here too.  I also know in the mean time before
such a needed resource becomes available, people will continue to scour the
archives for answers.  We all should really take heed to Steve's suggestion
and create our posts using the best of our Asterisk scripting abilities we
posses at the time of writing.
--
Thanks,
Timothy Soos