[Asterisk-Users] T1 - A little guidance needed to get started, What order to do zaptel, zapata...

mvickers at real.com mvickers at real.com
Fri Sep 5 14:31:50 MST 2003

I have about a dozen SIP phones up and working, now I want to connect the
asterisk box to our Fujitsu 9600 PBX. I currently have two dial-up servers
conencted to the Fujitsu PBX that I built with mgetty/pppd and have the
lines provisioned the same way as those dial-up server, ESF, B8ZS, and E&M
wink start, so I have confidence in the guys who set up the PBX.

I've built a loop back plug for T1 and looped it both directions, I can
get the Digum T100P card to go green as well as the PBX port. So I have
confidence in the wiring.

I don't understand the relation ship between zaptel and zapata and wether
I need to config a dail plan or anything else in asterisk before I get
the T1 up. So do I start with /etc/zaptel.conf and the zaptel module.

Then work with the zapata stuff (Does this have a module), then asterisk.

There seems to be a lot of docs scattered around about asterisk is a good
list where docs are, and some kind of overview.  I'm a router/linux guy
not a PBX guy and the architecture and nomenclature are unfamilure to me,
is there a PBX book I should read for background info.

Oh and how does one make the equivalent of a defaut route in the dial
plan, ie any call not listed in the dial plan goes out the T1

Thanks in advance.

Mark Vickers, RealNetworks Inc.  Desk: (206) 674-2391  Fax: (206)674-3588