[Asterisk-Users] Manager / Windows Apps / Line Appearances

Steve Creel screel at turbs.com
Fri Sep 5 08:37:30 MST 2003

It just dawned on me as I was playing with the manager interface - it
can't be very difficult at all to write an Win32 app that serves as a
"lamp field".  Between 'Newchannel', 'Newstate', and 'Hangup' events, all
of the information is there.

I've heard several requests for line appearances, but mgcp and sccp
channels don't currently include support.  I know that in all the
instances I'd like to have call appearances, a windows application would
be an equally valid solution.

My problem is that I know nothing about writing little Win32 apps like
that.  While I can give it a shot (and I will), I'm sure there is someone
far more qualified who could probably write it much better and far more
quickly.

Just my $0.02

Steve

Steve Creel                                screel at turbs.com