[Asterisk-Users] Transfer (again!)

Daniel ANDRE dandre at iris-tech.fr
Fri Sep 5 01:24:30 MST 2003

Hello,

I am building an asterisk PBX with some stuff to make a usable VOIP /
PSTN Gateway. I use the following devices:
SIP Phones from GrandStream for VOIP side
OpenLine4 from voicetronix for PSTN Side

I am building things step by step with some priorities.

I have now a working system able to place and receive calls from/to pstn.

Before attempting to bring other functions (like voice messaging) up i
want to have a proper call transfert functionnality.
I can't have either blind transfert or consultative transfert working
properly.  I am VERY interested in consultative transfert but I don't
see where and how 'transfer', 'flash' or 'hold' keys and handle in
asterisk code.

What I would like to do is:
A and B are taking each other
A press flash key: B listens music (thet works) and A can call C
A and C can talk each other but there is no mean for A to transfert B to
C. Where should I patch the code to be able to do that?
Here A can talk either with B or C by pressing on 'Flash' Key but can't
hang up any call.

IF C is Unavalaible, I haven't seen how to get B back

I welcome any idea about transfert application as it is a main issue for me:
AGI application,
Use of Transfert built in
Proper use of extension.conf file,
Patch to the source code of asterisk (I am able to do such a patch but I
don't know where to look... chan_sip? apps directory, other?)

Best ragards,

Daniel

--
Daniel ANDRE (mailto:dandre at iris-tech.fr)