[Asterisk-Users] disconnect when 7960 far from * (was Re: Pointer to upgrade 7960sip beyond v3.2.0?)

Andrew Gillham gillham at vaultron.com
Thu Sep 4 23:34:04 MST 2003

Louis-David Mitterrand wrote:

>On Thu, Sep 04, 2003 at 10:56:10PM -0700, Andrew Gillham wrote:
>

>>Unless you're hoping to load Linux or some pirate image in the future,
>>there is no
>>reason to stay with the old code.
>>At least I have not experienced any new issues I can attribute to the
>>update to 5.3 code.
>>

>Hello,
>
>I bought my 7960 phones used with the 4.4 sip image and suffer from
>disconnections after 3/5 seconds if the phone is connected to a remote
>asterisk, for example at the remote end of a VPN (when the 7960 is on
>the same LAN as asterisk all is well). Do you think upgrading to 5.x
>series images would solve that issue?
>
>Thanks,

Well, I have two people using 7960s remotely, both at least 120ms away and
have never seen this issue.  They are using 4.4 currently.

Since I haven't seen the issue with 4.4, I can't guess whether 5.3 fixes it.
What settings are you using in /etc/asterisk/sip.conf for these phones?
For example I have:
[1234]
callerid="Person 1234" <1234>
context=internal
type=friend
secret=pass
host=dynamic
mailbox=1234
qualify=5000
nat=yes
;canreinvite=yes

Have you tested these phones with Pulver Free World Dialup?
(just to confirm the issue is with Asterisk only)

-Andrew