[Asterisk-Users] Scalability of the Asterisk

WipeOut . wipeout at linuxmail.org
Thu Sep 4 10:21:55 MST 2003

> Hello,
>
> Is there any limit on number of clients (Analog/IP Phones)
> asterisk can serve ?. Can it scale to 5000 clients or more, any
> real world statistics will be of great use.
>
> Thanks,
> Tarun

I don't think there is any limit on the number of extensions it would be more to do with the number of analog ports you could connect to the system or the number of ethernet ports you could get on your network..

The more important question would be to ask how many concurrent calls the system would handle at any time (also dependent on codecs used).. If you have 5000 clients but no one is making a call then your system could be quite small..

If you dig through the mailing list you will se that hardware questions have been asked many many times.. maybe you could get some useful info from those replies..