[Asterisk-Users] Call script after hangup

Alastair Maw asterisk at almaw.com
Thu Sep 4 08:27:50 MST 2003

Frank N. wrote:

> I believe the porblem is that, since the incoming call is not "closed"
> before the outgoing call is created, the outgoing call does not work.
> I was hoping the delay would solve this problem... but obviously it doesn't.

No - it still won't relinquish the call until the hangup handler has
completed. What you need to do is to have the AGI script return, such
that the call exits. Then five seconds later, copy the file.

You could do this by setting up a BASH script which executed the Perl in
the background. I.e.

#!/bin/sh
/path/to/script/foo.pl &

Make sense?