[Asterisk-Users] Help configuring E400P cards

Alastair Maw asterisk at almaw.com
Thu Sep 4 05:33:48 MST 2003

Carlos Fernández Puente wrote:

> We have a problem with the configuration of the card, the cards work
> and we receive incoming calls but asterisk don't receive dnid. We
> have 5 servers with 1 E400P with the same problem and the telco told
> us that we need to configure the card to request it, how we can do
> this?

Hi Carlos. When you say "don't receive dnid", what exactly do you mean?

If you start Asterisk with -vvvvvvvvvgc, and make a call into the box,
does it give you any information?

For example, on my E400P, I get:

Connected to Asterisk CVS-08 currently running on vampire (pid = 23767)
    -- Accepting call from 'xxxxx' to 'yyyyy' on channel 31, span 1

(Where xxxxx and yyyyy have been changed from the actual numbers,
obviously, with yyyyy being the DNID.)

Or are you referring to the ${DNID} variable not being set?

I've patched my installation to set ${DNID}. I'm currently using it to
route calls via an external AGI database lookup. I will submit a patch
to the dev-list later today for consideration for CVS if you like.

--
Alastair Maw <al.maw at mxtelecom.com>
MX Telecom - Systems Analyst