[Asterisk-Users] Incoming CallerID management

Stefano Finetti ssfinetti at lynxautomotive.it
Thu Sep 4 01:03:20 MST 2003

Greetings,

I need if possibile an explanation on how to manage the incoming callerid
for an incoming call. Let me explain the situation:

We have two different companies in this office that shares the same PBX (*
box). Each company have its own number for the incoming calls.

What i'd like to implement is something that, depending on the incoming line
that is involved in the call, plays a different welcome message.

If a customer calls the 06xxxxx01 -> it should be answered by the message
for company A
If a customer calls the 06xxxxx02 -> it should be answered by the message
for company B

I've noticed that in kern.log the incoming MSN is logged, but didn't find
anything in the * log nor in the *CLI> screen logs

Is there a way to manage this in asterisk in order to make the different
welcomes using only different contexts (let say, [main-menu-A] and
[main-menu-B] )?

Tnx,
--
Stefano Finetti