[Asterisk-Users] Still no audio on SIP phone

Gavin Hollinger digium.com at gavinhollinger.com
Thu Sep 4 00:20:21 MST 2003

> Whould you mind sharing the important bits of your X-lite config with me

First, let me explain that I have only used x-lite to do a few quick
tests.  I verified audio in both directions and dtmf to work ok.  The
following are the settings I changed, with the exception of voicemail.conf
and extensions.conf if you want to receive calls and have voice mail work
on the sip phone.

I have asterisk running at 10.0.0.2 and x-lite phone running at 10.0.0.8

In /etc/asterisk/sip.conf I have the following:

;X-Lite www.xten.com
[xlite]
callerid="CALLER NAME" <(555) 555-5555>
type=friend
nat=no
secret=password
host=dynamic
defaultip=10.0.0.8
mailbox=5555555555
canreinvite=no
dtmfmode=rfc2833

> (network, sip settings)?  Did you download the generic X-lite or the one
> for FWD?

Then in the generic phone config xlite v2.0 for windows:
http://brands.xten.net/x-lite/download/X-Lite_Install.exe
http://www.xten.com/docs/X-PRO_v2_Manual.pdf

click menu button
system settings