[Asterisk-Users] Newbee Question

Daryl G. Jurbala daryl at introspect.net
Wed Sep 3 13:08:54 MST 2003

Modems are FXO devices (designed to connect to a telephone line from the
phone company).  You need an FXS device, like a Digium card or an
Internet PhoneJack to attach your standard analog phone to.

Other than than, yes, Asterisk will do exactly what you are asking.  You
just need the right hardware and you're all set.

Daryl G. Jurbala
Introspect.net Consulting
Tel: +1 215 825 8401
Fax: +1 508 526 8500