[Asterisk-Users] frames/packet

Andres andres at telesip.net
Wed Sep 3 11:43:28 MST 2003

We have customers all over the world on our SIP Services (not Asterisk Based).
We have found the optimal setting to be 60ms on the phones (using G729).
This consumes about 14kbps of bandwith per call.  The added delay is quite
acceptable and customers often tell us that the voice quality is much better
than international PSTN lines.  We did ask Martin a while back if it could be
implemented in * as a config option.  Hopefully it will be at some point in
the future.

Regards,
Andres
http://www.telesip.net