[Asterisk-Users] Outgoing call answer confirmation

Frank N. fnadeau at electrosolutions.ca
Wed Sep 3 08:44:37 MST 2003

I'm in Canada. I assume this is ok.
I did put callprogress=yes in zapata.conf.

Several months ago, I had tried it. I had issues then (bad answers, answers
not detected, so on), but at least it  appeared to work, I had call progress
messages showing on the console (ring, etc..). At that moment, I thought I
could do some tuning in dsp.c and make work for me. But then the project was
put on hold.
Now I just restarted working on it,  and I have nothing. I know callprogress
is activated, but I have no feedback whatsoever, except for the fact that
Asterisk never detect the call has being answered.

Is call progress more reliable on some other hardware, like Dialogic?

Thank you very much for your reply.

If you're in US try to use callprogress=yes in zapata.conf. The problem with
analog channels is that we assume blindly that after the number has been
dialed the call is answered. Unless you use some progress detection
algorithm that works for you. So try callprogress=yes.
regards
Martin