[Asterisk-Users] E1 problems

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Wed Sep 3 05:59:43 MST 2003

Paulo Mannheimer wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm testing an E1 with E&M signaling. Some of the problems I'm running
>into are the following:
>
>1)	if I try to configure any channel above channel 15, I start
>getting a "multiframe alignment error" on my telco test equipment. So I
>have my zaptel file only configured for 15 channels, like this
>
>span=1,1,0,cas,hdb3
>e&m=1-15
>
>2)	When the test equipment tries to send me a DTMF string, I only
>get the first one.
>
>Any thoughts?

Is E&M designed to work with the E1 driver code? I think probably not. I
had to fix some things to get proper access to the CAS signaling bits
when I implemented MFC/R2. That makes me strongly suspect that nobody
else has tried any form of CAS signaling with the E1 drivers. If you are
using recent CVS code, the CAS bits certainly work for all time slots
(they only worked for the first 15 before), but that doesn't mean that
E&M will work. Note that E&M on E1s is implemented differently for just
about every Telco that offers it.

Regards,
Steve