[Asterisk-Users] Problem with Asterisk -> Welltech Wellgate 3502

Mickey Binder mickey at comflex.dk
Wed Sep 3 00:29:15 MST 2003

Hi there

I have some problems in setting up a connection between * and a Wellgate
1501 (1FXS). Either I can dial from * to my Wellgate or I can dial from the
Wellgate to *.

On the Wellgate you have to setup both "Line number" (which is the number it
answers) and "Line account" (which is the account it registers as). Should I
expect any problems if these are set the same?

Below are two examples of sip.conf, the first I can call * -> Wellgate the
second is Wellgate -> *.

#1 -------- sip.conf --------
[43300634]
type=friend
secret=1234
host=dynamic
dtmfmode=rfc2833
defaultip=10.1.1.3
-------- end of sip.conf --------
With the above config I can call from * to Wellgate, but if I try to call
from Wellgate to * I get som wierd warning messages in * and the log on the
Wellgate shows it doesn't get past inviting.

Asterisk:
WARNING[65545]: File chan_sip.c, Line 432 (retrans_pkt): Maximum retries
exceeded on call 59dfc0-a010103-13c4-3f559705-154cf8-6f0e at 10.1.1.52 for
seqno 1 (Response)
WARNING[65545]: File chan_sip.c, Line 2220 (__transmit_response): Unable to
determine sequence number from ''

Wellgate:
1-RVSIP_CALL_LEG_STATE_INVITING

The funny thing is that if I comment out the above section and reload *, I
now can call from Wellgate to * but not the other way around of course as
the Wellgate isn't registered anymore.

Are there anything wrong with the above setup or should it work as expected?

#2 -------- sip.conf --------
[433006341]
type=friend
secret=1234
username=43300634
host=dynamic
dtmfmode=rfc2833
defaultip=10.1.1.3
-------- end of sip.conf --------
With this config I can call both ways unless the Wellgate is registered with
*, then i can't call from * to Wellgate. I think its because it doesn't use
the username value when it is registered, which means it dials 433006341.

Please tell me what I have misunderstood or dont wrong?

regards
Mickey Binder