[Asterisk-Users] IP Phone compatible with Asterisk

Timothy Soos XQL at americanisp.net
Tue Sep 2 17:55:28 MST 2003

On Monday 01 September 2003 02:18 pm, Tarun Banka wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I would like to know the most commonly used IP Phones with
> Asterisk PBX. Your experience will help me in taking a right
> decision to buy IP phones.
>
> Does anyone has experience with Telstrat i2732 IP Telephone and
> SipPhone IP phones. Are these compatible with the ASterisk ?
>
> Any kind of pointers will help me alot in my investigation.

I asked the good sir Mr. Malcolm Davenport a very similar question and I found
his reply quite enlightening:
"Asterisk supports all Analog telephones as well as SIP,H.323, and MGCP
phones.  SIP, H.323, and MGCP are VoIP protocols; SIP being the most
popular at this time.  ADSI phones are analog telephones that have large
displays and programmable buttons.  Asterisk offers support for ADSI
phones.  For more information on ADSI phones, send an e-mail to Greg
Vance (gvance at digium.com).

The cheapest of the SIP phones on the market is the Grandstream
Budgetone.  It lists for $75 for the single-port and $85 for the
dual-port model.

The next step is the Snom 200 that lists for between $250 and $300.

The Cisco 7960, my personal favorite, lists for between $350 and $450.

And, the Pingtel Xpressa lists for $600."

to that I will add an excellent article refereed by the good sir Mr. John
Schmerold:
http://www.nwc.com/shared/printArticle.jhtml?article=/1416/1416f2full.html&pub=nwc

Maybe these items will help you.

Thanks,