[Asterisk-Users] Which ADSI phones to buy?

Ken Godee ken at perfect-image.com
Fri Oct 31 12:40:06 MST 2003

Anton Tinchev wrote:

> Is there any verified source for unlocked aastra phones?
> Wade J. Weppler wrote:
>

>>All of the Aaastra PowerTouch phones are ADSI capable (350, 390, 392,
>>480).  You just have to make sure they are UNLOCKED or you have the
>>security codes to be able to use the ADSI functions through Asterisk.
>>
>>There were some long discussions on the list a while back on this very
>>issue.  Best to search the list archives (google site:lists.digium.com).

http://www.twacomm.com/Catalog/Jmp_Aastra/Product_brand.htm?SID=SGTJNV4JCA418NXJSKDT4VMHE4NL8XN8

After reading the list and seeing many problems with locked
phones, when I was buying I asked lots of questions. If they
don't know, go somewhere else.
The vendor I bought my Aastra 480 from seemded to understand.
One thing I noticed, when I received mine, is that on the
side of the box along with the model code information it
had "Generic" as part of the model code. I'm going to guess
in that it means the phone has not been programed and is not
locked. I'll only be buying the "Generic" models.