[Asterisk-Users] STUN and Asterisk

William Waites asterisk at lists.styx.org
Fri Oct 31 09:17:51 MST 2003

On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 16:18:23 -0800 (PST), Chris Albertson wrote

> This would be VERY much like the two current patches do except
> that we would no longer need the new lines in sip.conf as STUN
> would figure this out for us.

you would still need the lines to specify the internal network/mask.
either that or an ioctl() to get that info from the interface --
although using ioctl() that would break in the case of a subnetted internal
network. without this there would be no way to distinguish between
an internal and an external address even with stun.