[Asterisk-Users] Cisco Support Contacts

Chris Wilson chris at netservers.co.uk
Fri Oct 31 09:13:36 MST 2003

Hi David,

> Sorry this is a little of topic but, I have just received our 10 cisco
> 7940 phone. I want to change them to sip but it seems that I need a
> support contract with cisco. I'm in the UK does anybody know were to go
> to get one or how much it will cost :-(

We had exactly this problem when we bought a second-hand phone from Ebay.
If you buy a new phone from an official Cisco reseller, then you are
entitled to 90 days free support from them (not from Cisco) which includes
access to firmware files, etc.

Otherwise, as Daryl says, you need something like a SmartNet contract.