[Asterisk-Users] Absolute Minimum Installation Packages

Brancaleoni Matteo mbrancaleoni at espia.it
Fri Oct 31 07:47:49 MST 2003

Hi.

Il ven, 2003-10-31 alle 02:31, JR Richardson ha scritto:
> I’m trying to get the total Linux/* installation size as small as
> possible.  I’m wondering if anyone has looked at the installed
> packages list from the Redhat installation [rpm –qa] and has parsed
> out all packages not needed for * to run.  I follow the custom install
> guide from Andy Powell but the installation yields 948+ Meg with 340
> installed packages.  I’m sure most of those packages can be
> eliminated.

I have a very little RedHat 9.0 installation that's about 504 MB,
with asterisk+sounds+some voicemail installed. Also devel
tools installed. Also apache+mysql+db, since we have many things
of asterisk moved onto a mysql db...
stripping away devel tools, I can manage a to have 450Mb RedHat 9.0.
surely big, but very small to be a RH ;)

--
Brancaleoni Matteo <mbrancaleoni at espia.it>
Espia - Emmegi Srl